Read the article from The Good Men Project here:
Here is a sneak preview of the 6 things. Read the article though – the explanations are great.
- There’s no such thing as unconditional love for your spouse.
- The first two years after having a baby can be the hardest of your entire relationship. Don’t let that become the model for the rest of your lives together.
- Your relationship isn’t always going to be about sexual desire.
- Doing a lot of nice things for your spouse every single day will create real joy in your marriage.
- Never, ever, be the person who isn’t willing to do the work or fix a problem in your marriage.
- Don’t ever fight about who is doing more work: the at-home parent or the at-work parent.
My take was that this is about building a life together. It takes the “long view” of marriage and reminds us to take responsibility for our own happiness (not always so easy) and to stay focused on building this life we have together rather than tearing it down. But it also keeps it simple – you have to keep earning each others love, pay attention to how you are relating to one another, keep working on the marriage, appreciate each other and step up and do nice things.
What do YOU think? Please comment below if you have a reaction – perhaps you love it or you totally disagree! Share below…