Short Professional Bio
Deb Blum is passionate about helping parents develop their own source of inner fortitude and happiness so they can raise kids to thrive in the volatile, fast-paced digital world we live in. Deb’s a parent of 2 teen boys and has been a technology consultant for over 25 years and a life & parent coach for over 7 years. Through individual and group coaching, online and in-person classes and building safe connected communities, Deb has inspired countless parents to live more authentically, to reduce their stress levels, to find more joy in the midst of parenting obligations, and to develop the closely connected relationships that they want with their kids. Deb’s personal journey has involved healing her own childhood trauma, learning the practical skills to master the esoteric art of self-love, learning to be more gentle toward herself and others and working every day to show up more fully and authentically. Deb’s a natural problem solver who blends deep listening and compassion with practical skills and tools. You can learn more about Deb and her work at DebBlum.com.
Deb is a empowerment coach, parent educator, youth advocate, technology consultant and speaker but what she really does is teaches the practical skills to develop the inner fortitude we all need to thrive in the volatile, fast-paced digital world we live in. Deb is a self-proclaimed tech-geek as well as interpersonal relationship nerd. As technology becomes a bigger part of our lives, Deb’s committed to making sure people have the tools, skills and knowledge to step into the driver’s seat and intentionally live our lives the way we want rather than living at the mercy of life’s circumstances, constant social media updates, and shocking current events.
Deb helps people to develop the close connected human relationships that we crave, confidently navigate life’s challenges, reduce our stress levels and find joy and inner peace in the midst of our obligations and life’s pressures.
She’s passionate about helping families maintain their close connection with one another while cultivating a healthy, life-enriching relationship with technology.
Deb creates her own curriculum and teaches in-person classes and workshops as well as online courses. She also provides technology consulting and communications coaching to businesses of all sizes, builds safe and supportive communities, and leads regular group coaching programs.
Deb’s personal journey has involved healing childhood trauma, learning the practical skills to master the esoteric art of self-love, learning to be more gentle towards herself and others and working every day to show up more fully and authentically. At her core, she’s a natural problem solver who blends deep listening and compassion with practical skills and tools; a high energy, quick, out of the box thinker; a relationship builder and connector; an insatiable learner; and an excellent communicator.
Deb lives in the San Francisco Bay Area with her husband and two teenage boys who are her best teachers. She’s also an active volunteer in her community and co-director of Redwood Parents Connect. You can learn more about Deb and her work at DebBlum.com.
- The University of Connecticut, Storrs, CT, Bachelor of Science in Business Administration 1992, Major: Management Information Systems / Minor: Marketing
- Institute for Integrative Nutrition®, New York, Certified Holistic Health Coach 2011
- Interchange Counseling Institute, San Francisco, CA, Certified Life Coach & Counselor 2012
- Jai Institute for Parent Coaching, California, Conscious Parent Coach Certification 2016
- Over the past 10 years, I contributed most of my volunteer efforts to the local schools running parent education and serving on the board of the PTA and PTSA.
- Co-founder/co-director of the Redwood Parents Connect project with the mission to create grade-specific parent discussion groups and moderate a private online forum for Redwood High School parents to build relationships and get the support they need during the high school years.
- Co-leader of a local monthly support group for parents with special needs children.
- Hot Lunch Volunteer, Hall Middle School
- Board Member, Parent Education Group of Marin
- Advisor for Cloverpop, the enterprise platform for decision-driven work.
- President, ElmCrest HOA