By far, one of my favorite bloggers about parenting is Dr. Laura Markham. She prioritizes the relationship you have with your child, regulating your own emotions, and coaching rather than controlling.
Read this great article:
Here are the 5, but make sure you read the article to get the details. It’s not too long, but sure is filled with some great advice!
- Resolve to work on regulating your own emotions
- Resolve to love the one you’re with
- Resolve to stay connected
- Resolve to role model respect
- Resolve to address the needs and feelings behind your child’s behavior
Have you been saying you want to be more patient year after year? I’ll bet you are more patient each year, but it’s a good thing to keep working towards! When we feel more proud as a parent, we feel happier and it becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy. It’s worth the effort! Share your thoughts below!