Am I doing enough? Doing it right?
We all wonder – I mean, who doesn’t want to be a great parent? Sometimes what we’re really saying is Why is this so hard? or I don’t know how to handle this.
You might be seeking a coach because of a specific issue:
- Kids aren’t cooperating
- Lack of respect
- Too much yelling
- Feeling like you are losing connection
- Power struggles
You want things to change fast, but you need more than quick tips or suggestions. You feel like all the expert advice doesn’t apply to your situation. You need a creative, sustainable solution that works for you and your family.
You can feel more confident in your parenting. And—you can feel more joy. It doesn’t have to be so hard.
The best part is, you don’t have to figure it all out yourself. If your kids wanted to be better at baseball or violin or math, you’d get them help. You deserve that kind of support too.
Working with a trained coach and a creative problem solver on your side means you don’t have to do it alone. Instead, you benefit from a fresh perspective and a wide range of tools gained through my training, personal experience and my work with many other parents.
There’s no one-size-fits-all solution for parenting. We all have different circumstances, personalities, obstacles, and other stuff that makes it hard to just do a google search and find a perfect solution. That’s where coaching comes in.
You come in with a parenting problem. We reframe that problem into an opportunity for you to do what feels most right for you and your family. You get a chance to find answers and solutions tailored to you specific situation that work and are sustainable to bring more peace and happiness to your family.
You might want to work with me to focus on a specific parenting challenge:
- Get your kids to listen to you
- Solve behavior problems
- Learn how to manage your anger and reactivity
- Be more present with your kids
- Improve your relationship with your child
- Get clear on how you want to handle technology in your home
- Stay connected as your kids get older
But you don’t have to have a specific problem. If you feel like you’re “not doing it right” or what you are doing isn’t working, coaching can help you gain confidence and find a way of parenting that connects and works for your family.
One more note, parenting and life aren’t two separate things. If you have a specific parenting issue to work on, we will . . . and while we’re doing it, we might find solutions to other stuff that keeps bugging you.
Clients have seen:
- Improved relationships with their kids, partners, and friends
- A more gentle approach towards themselves and their family – cutting each other slack, honoring each other, and greater respect for one another
- Better cooperation and fewer behavior challenges
- Fewer family dramas and the feeling that they can handle any situation
- A better handle on technology and what works best for their family
- Less guilt around taking care of themselves
- The ability to be more present and available for the people they love
- Improved self-esteem and more confidence, self-contentment, and inner peace
- More space between being triggered and responding
- Less stress, worry, and anxiety and more energy, time, and space
My coaching draws from a wide breadth of wisdom and science-based research. There’s no one trick pony here. I tap into:
- Teachings from thousands of years of ancient wisdom
- The good stuff from a variety of parenting styles
- New things we’ve learned about parenting in recent years
- The latest research on brain science, trauma, secure attachment, courage, communications, and the mind-body connection
- Many contemporary teachers in the space of conscious leadership and conscious living
- Years of human psychology research
- Many years of real life parenting experiences
Lots of nurture blended with tons of practical know-how!
What makes my coaching most unique is the distillation of so much knowledge from so many modalities into clear and practical teachings, lessons, tools, and skills AND the time together where I bring empathy, compassion, love, tenderness, and non-judgment to support you and your family.
I don’t live near you, can I still participate?
Our sessions can be in person or on the phone. This allows me to work with people regardless of their location, and it allows busy people more flexibility because you can do sessions while your child is napping, from your office, on vacation, or anywhere!
How much does it cost?
- Skype/My Office/Phone:
- $150 for 60 minutes (Time over an hour is paid @ $37.50 per 15 minute increment)
I also offer a hybrid option with live sessions and text coaching:
- $350 monthly, which includes
- one 50 minute session (phone or in person)
- unlimited texting between sessions
- $425 monthly, which includes
- two 50 minute sessions (phone or in person)
- unlimited texting between sessions
Some of my coaching superpowers:
- seeing endless possibilities,
- creative problem solving,
- thinking outside of the “box”,
- bringing out the leader that’s within each of us,
- truly accepting you and helping you to accept yourself,
- bringing clarity to what seems impossible to figure out,
- reframing (e.g., problems into opportunities, “flaws” into gifts, pain into openings for joy), and
- inspiring you to bring more of yourself to your life, work, family, marriage, friendships, etc.
With me, all of you is welcome, even the messy parts, even the parts you think are unlovable. And when it feels scary, I’ll be there. When you don’t believe in yourself, I’ll believe in you.
How do I get started?
If you’re ready to take action, the first step is to setup a free Empowered Parent Discovery Call with me. In this session, we’ll
- Get clear about what’s really most challenging about parenting right now.
- Discuss what’s not working and why—and what you need to do instead!
- Identify the most powerful actions that will move you towards getting the results you want.
- Complete the consultation with the excitement of knowing EXACTLY what to do next to finally solve your problem, move forward with confidence and patience, get more of what you want and build long-lasting relationships with your kids!
And you’ll get a taste of what coaching is like with me!