Deb Blum, Founder
Based in the San Francisco Bay Area, Deb works with leaders – of families, businesses, teams, projects, schools, and other organizations. In everything she does, she blends her experience as a consultant, a coach, and a mom. This blended approach allows Deb to bring more empathy, curiosity, creativity, expanded awareness, and practical advice than with experience in only one area. She’s spent over two decades consulting within the operational structure of large organizations; leading her own family, as an entrepreneur; as a life, parent, and leadership coach; and as an advisor and sounding board.
At her core, Deb is a problem solver, a solution finder. She’s a change maker; a high energy, quick, out of the box thinker; a relationship builder and connector; an insatiable learner; a creative idea generator and analyst; and an excellent communicator. She knows that the best answers come from within (within you, within an organization. within your family) and that the work is in tapping into that genius and using this new thinking to creatively solve problems, successfully navigate transitions, do courageous things and become who we, individually or organizationally, are meant to be.
Deb is certified as a life coach and counselor by the Interchange Counseling Institute in San Francisco, a parent coach by the Jai Institute for Parent Coaching, and a holistic health coach by the Institute of Integrative Nutrition® in New York (AADP Certified). She also holds a BS in Business Administration/IT from the University of Connecticut. Deb is also a mom of two teenage boys and an active volunteer in her community.
- The University of Connecticut, Storrs, CT, Bachelor of Science in Business Administration 1992, Major: Management Information Systems / Minor: MarketingCertified Health Coach 2011
- Institute for Integrative Nutrition®, New York, Holistic Health Coach 2011
- Interchange Counseling Institute, San Francisco, CA, Certified Life Coach & Counselor 2012
- Jai Institute for Parent Coaching, California, Conscious Parent Coach Certification 2016
Relevant Volunteer Work
- Over the past 10 years, I contributed most of my volunteer efforts to the local schools running parent education.
- Co-founder of the Redwood Parents Connect project with the mission to create grade-specific parent discussion groups and moderate a private online forum for Redwood High School parents to build relationships and get the support they need during the high school years.
- Co-leader of a local monthly support group for parents with special needs children.
- Advisor for a new alternative school for boys, The Empower Project.