Professional Bio for Deb
Deb Blum is a parent & life coach, speaker and consultant. She helps parents solve their problems, do courageous things, find joy in the midst of their obligations, love themselves and their life, and lead their families with confidence and authenticity. At her core, Deb is a problem solver and solution finder; a high energy, quick, out of the box thinker; a relationship builder and connector; an insatiable learner; and an excellent communicator.
Deb is passionate about empowering parents—with knowledge, skills, tools and support—to cultivate the thriving and connected families we all want.
Deb cares deeply about kids and allowing them to become the amazing people they are meant to be, unencumbered by their parents’ limited beliefs, baggage, childhood patterns, and outdated life models. She also cares deeply about parents who want the best for their kids, who are doing the best they can—and want to do better. Deb cares deeply about people and helping them love themselves more deeply and love their life.
Deb helps people strengthen relationships with their kids, themselves, and their lives by putting themselves at the center of everything in their life. She offers new perspectives and practical tools to help people make sustainable change in their own particular circumstances.
Deb is certified as a life coach and counselor by the Interchange Counseling Institute in San Francisco, a parent coach by the Jai Institute for Parent Coaching, and a holistic health coach by the Institute of Integrative Nutrition® in New York (AADP Certified). She also holds a BS in Business Administration/IT from the University of Connecticut. Deb is also a mom of two teenage boys and an active volunteer in her community. Deb blogs and shares tools at DebBlum.com.
- The University of Connecticut, Storrs, CT, Bachelor of Science in Business Administration 1992, Major: Management Information Systems / Minor: Marketing
- Institute for Integrative Nutrition®, New York, Certified Holistic Health Coach 2011
- Interchange Counseling Institute, San Francisco, CA, Certified Life Coach & Counselor 2012
- Jai Institute for Parent Coaching, California, Conscious Parent Coach Certification 2016
- Over the past 10 years, I contributed most of my volunteer efforts to the local schools running parent education and serving on the board of the PTA and PTSA.
- Co-founder of the Redwood Parents Connect project with the mission to create grade-specific parent discussion groups and moderate a private online forum for Redwood High School parents to build relationships and get the support they need during the high school years.
- Co-leader of a local monthly support group for parents with special needs children.
- Hot Lunch Volunteer, Hall Middle School
- Board Member, Parent Education Group of Marin
- Advisor for Cloverpop, the enterprise platform for decision-driven work.
- President, ElmCrest HOA